This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
I SEARCHED THIS POST FOR AGES OH MY GOD
Norwegian viking fairs are wondrous things
Watercolor, Ink, Graphite, Gold Leaf, Gesso, Chalk
Alessandra Maria is an artist currently working and living in Brooklyn, New York. She Graduated from Pratt Institute in 2012 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and Communications Design and Illustration.
This weekend i have dreamt repeatedly of love, longing and loss. Men who i briefly meet and lose after knowing they are meant for me. Trying to find my way back to where I found them. Sometimes they find me in crowded rooms, sometimes i see them across the room and cant get to them, and then am swept away to another room, telling my companion that I must get back and find them. I say “them” because it has not been the same person each time.
I think I need to stop listening to so much Tom Waits. And lay off the beers.
Danièle Watts, an African-American actress who played Coco in Django Unchained and appears as Martin Lawrence’s daughter on FX’s Partners, says she was handcuffed and detained on Thursday by police in Los Angeles who suspected she was a prostitute.
FYI - California is not on the list of states with obligation to identify statutes.
Artwork by pishchanska
"Ukraine born (now living in the USA) photographer Olia Pishchanska is quite a storyteller. She doesn’t tell her stories with words though, her photography says it all. Looking at her work will lure you into a dark world filled with pagan ritualism, haunting figures and mystery." - Article
Saira Hunjan and Jatinder Singh Durhailay by Damian Foxe for How to Spend It November 2013.
damn, son. they’re both so beautiful.
- Jeff Buckley, on moving to New York (via alaska-alaskaa)